Cooling Tower Water Treatment by Water Equipment And Treatment Services (WETS)
WETS is the best Cooling tower manufacturer who designs modern high efficiency induced draft or forced draft cooling towers to meet the growing potable water demand. Waters from deep formations such as Catahuloa can have very high temperatures and higher volatile components such as methane, hydrogen sulfide, and other noxious gases. WETS unique design can provide multiple solutions in a single process.
What Is An Industrial Cooling Tower?
An Industrial cooling tower comprises an ideal arrangement of technologies that removes all the impurities that are damaging your water health from your cooling tower feed water, and circulation water. The distinct composition of your system will vary depending on several things, including the points mentioned below:
- The type of cooling tower you have
- The quality of feedwater you are using
- The standard quality requirements mentioned by the manufacturer
- Chemistry of your circulatory water
- Standard supervisory requirements mentioned for discharge
- Reuse of the treatment in the cooling tower
- Type of heat exchanger
- Concentration cycle
Types of Cooling Tower:
1.Forced Draft Cooling Tower: The Cooling Towers that display a powerful, flexible yet economical Cooling Tower Technology that is highly suitable for most of the commercial or industrial plants is known as Forced Draft Cooling Tower.
2.Induced Draft Cooling Tower: An Induced Draft Cooling Tower consumes 50% less energy as compared to the Forced Draft Cooling Tower, which makes it more efficient in terms of performance. An Induced Draft Cooling Tower looks like a 3D arrangement, where all the air is pulled out by a huge fan mounted on the top.
Basic Cooling Tower Water Filtration Systems includes:
Usually, basic Cooling tower water filtration systems include the following:
- Filtration or Ultrafiltration
- Ion exchange
- Chemical feed
- Automated monitoring
Considering all the contaminants present in your water any consolidation of these treatments may suit your business the best. Hence, it gets crucial to discuss with your water treatment specialist to get assurance if you are using an ideal system for your particular tower or not. Taking the needs of your cooling tower into consideration, these definitive elements are usually acceptable. However, depending on your special needs, you have all the liberty of adding some new features and technology.
A Cooling Tower Water Treatment System Controls:
A cooling tower is built with such a technology that it helps in regulating the levels of:
- Alkalinity Levels: That will command the potential of carbon carbonate scale
- Chloride Levels: Which can add to corrosion in metals
- Hardness Levels: That continues to scale in the cooling tower as well as on the heat exchangers
- Iron Levels: High Iron content can foul the equipment and also it has the corrosive properties when it comes into contact with phosphate
- Organic Matter Levels: Which promotes microorganism growth
- Silica Levels: Which causes hard scale deposits
- Sulfate Levels: Such as chloride that is extremely corrosive to metals
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS): Which helps in scaling or corrosion
- Total Suspended Solids: These undissolved pollutants can cause biofilms or corrosion.
Working of a cooling tower water treatment system:
Specific treatment processes vary depending on the requirements of the cooling tower and quality/chemistry of the feed and circulation water, but a typical Cooling tower water treatment system will usually include the following steps:
- Makeup water intake
- Filtration and Ultrafiltration
- Water softening or Ion Exchange
- Addition of Chemicals
- Side-stream Filtration
- BlowDown Treatment
Benefits of a Cooling Tower are as follows:
- It regulates the management of a cooling tower
- It improves productivity and prevents water loss
- It minimizes the deposit of sediments
- It prevents corrosion
- It extends the lifespan of the cooling tower
- It supplies safe water for discharge
- It promotes healthy environmental practices
- It provides reusable processed water
- It helps in reducing the cost of operation.